RISQ CAPITAL GROUP
The RISQ Capital Group is committed to ensuring compliance with all applicable data laws and regulation and using data for legitimate interests and purposes and as prescribed by law only.
- Contacting us for any reason via our website(s) or by email or any other means where you are required to provide your personal information;
- Downloading sales brochures and information about services and products;
- Requesting quotes or making payments or purchases;
- Applying for a job, or registering your interest in working for us;
- Sharing information with other Group companies in the provision of services and products;
- Logging-in to services provided by or via third-party providers such as but not limited to Google Drive, Drop Box, Box, One Drive or similar;
- Any other reason why may require you to provide us with, or share personal information;
For the purposes of this Policy:
“Company, we, our, us” is RISQ Capital Ltd and its associated companies and subsidiaries, with its registered head office at: Risq Capital Ltd, Cheyne House, 2 Crown Court, London, EC2V 6JP and Company Registration number: 07207576;
“Corporate Information” shall be any information provided to us which is of a non-personal nature;
“Data Controller” shall be the Company as defined by and acting in accordance with the European General Date Protection Regulations, effective from 25th May 2018, and all other applicable national and international laws and regulations;
“Personal Information” shall be defined as any information which either by itself or when read in association with other information may allow for the identification of an individual. Personal information includes but is not limited to name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, banking and billing information;
“You, yours” shall mean information provided by and relating to you personally, or the entity or organisation on whose behalf you are acting;
In such circumstances every effort will be made to ensure this is communicated, either using the contact details held by us and as provided to us by you, or via the website.
If you do not agree with the changes you should cease to use our sites, products or services and contact us immediately. Any continued use will be deemed to be considered as an acceptance of the changes.
Changes will be applied from the time that they have been notified.
All activity undertaken prior to the notification and acceptance of the change will be governed by the terms in place at the time that the activity was undertaken.
Personal Information may be transferred in the event of business sale or insolvency.
Personal Information will be retained in accordance with legal and regulatory obligations, after which time it will be securely destroyed.
COLLECTION & USE OF INFORMATION:
Most information is provided by you to us on a voluntary basis, however some additional information may be gathered, either directly form you or supplemented from other sources, to fulfil the requirements of legal and regulatory obligations necessary prior to, and during, the delivery of licensed and regulated sites, products and services, through-out the life-time of the relationship.
We may also collect information about you and your use of our sites products and services automatically, including but not limited to:
- device IDs, IP addresses and other identifiers;
- device and software characteristics (such as type and configuration);
- referral URLs;
- browser and standard web server logs;
We may from time to time collect additional information over and above that included in this Policy in relation to special promotional offers or competitions offered by us, or surveys in relation to our services.
The Risq Capital group of companies uses information only as allowed by and in the manner prescribed by all applicable laws and regulations, and in accordance with legitimate interests and the lawful purposes specified in Article 6 of the European General Data Protection Regulations.
OVERSEAS TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country in which the Company of its affiliates, subsidiaries, supplies or agents maintain facilities, for the provision of services.
In such cases, all information will be managed in accordance with and subject to all applicable national, European and international data protection and privacy laws and regulations that apply to, and, form the rights of the individual.
The Company reserves the right to disclose Personal Information if required to do so by law, or it is believed in good faith that such disclosure is necessary to:
- comply with any legal process served on the company or its services;
- protect and defend rights and/or property;
- protect the safety of other users of the gaming service or the public or;
- investigate any suspected violations or user guidelines or License Agreement, fraud or other similar and/or unlawful activity.
Telephone calls, e-mails to and from the Company may be recorded for training and security purposes.
All recipients of Personal Information shall be bound by this Policy and applicable data protection and privacy laws.
CONSENT TO PROCESS
By using or sites, products and services you consent to us collecting, using and processing the information you have provided to us in the manner detailed in this Policy.
Where you do not or no longer consent to us using your information in any of the ways or for the purposes intended or agreed, you should cease using the sites, products and services with immediate effect and contact the Company in writing outlining the nature of your objection and areas that the withdrawal of consent applies to.
You also have the right to restrict the processing of your information where:
- you contest the accuracy of the personal data;
- processing is unlawful, but you oppose erasure;
- we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of our processing,
- but you require personal data for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim;
- and you have objected to processing, pending the verification of that objection.
Where processing has been restricted on this basis, we may continue to store your information, but will cease to process or use it unless you consent for us to do so, or we are compelled to do so as required by law.
We shall endeavour to comply with any request received to the extent that we are able to do so. Where we are not able to do so we shall contact you in writing explaining the circumstances and outlining your rights.
You should be aware that in some cases a request to change the way in which we use or process your information could result in us being unable to provide you with all the services and products as agreed.
In addition to your right to withhold or revoke consent in relation to how your information is used, you may also:
Request to be provided with a copy of the information held by us by raising a Subject Access Request. Such request should be made in writing to your Account Manager or the individual who you normally interact with at the Company.
You have the right to have any inaccurate information amended and rectified.
You have the right to request that we delete or erase information we hold about you, as a sole right or in relation to any other right, and which will be complied with subject to your request not being contrary to any other laws and regulations we are also subject to.
COOKIES, MARKETING AND ADVERTISING
You have the right to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us at any time.
To opt out contact us or click on the unsubscribe link contained in the marketing communication sent to you.
Cookies are categorised as:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies which do not store any personal information
- Performance Cookies which is anonymous statistical and numerical information
- Functional Cookies which are used to help deliver a more personalised experience
- Targeting Cookies which may not collect actual personal information but will use information unique to your device or behaviour for marketing purposes.
You can change which cookies you allow or block by visiting the Cookie Settings for your browser.
COMPLAINTS & DISPUTES
If you do not believe we have addressed your concerns adequately, you may escalate the matter to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). For more information please visit: www.ico.org.uk.